Illinois Product Liability Attorney
Designers, manufacturers and distributors are obligated to ensure that the products they create and distribute are safe, work efficiently and are free from defects. Unfortunately, shoddy workmanship, design flaws and the use of low-quality parts to save costs still occur. When they do, innocent consumers suffer.
Dangerous Products Injure Millions
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), approximately 30 million victims suffer injuries caused by dangerous products every year. While some injuries are minor and heal up fairly quickly, others cause severe pain, permanent scarring, amputations, disability and even death. Even more alarming, many dangerous product cases involve companies that were aware of defects, flaws and hazards, but continued to manufacture, market and distribute these items anyway, without making necessary safety changes or notifying consumers.
When companies fail to produce and distribute safe products and you or your loved ones are injured, you may be entitled to receive financial compensation for the damages you’ve endured. Product liability attorney Bogdan Martinovich has been protecting the rights of consumers for more than 35 years and has achieved successful verdicts and settlements on a number of dangerous products cases in Illinois.
Unsafe Products Are Everywhere
The majority of Americans encounter poorly designed, defective or otherwise unsafe products nearly every day. From defective equipment on the vehicles we drive, the drugs and medical devices our doctors provide, and the foods we eat, to infant and children’s products we use for our families and the household chemicals we use in our homes, dangers are lurking around every corner.
Pursuing a Product Liability Claim in Illinois
When you or your loved ones are injured as a result of a dangerous or defective product, various legal theories for recovery exist. In some cases, a multitude of grounds for liability may be asserted. Injury lawyer Bogdan Martinovich can help you recover damages due to:
- Breach of warranty, including express warranty, implied warranty of merchantability, and
- implied warranty of fitness for a specific purpose
- Manufacturing, design and marketing defects
- Failure to warn/ inadequate warning labels
Since all companies in the supply chain have a duty to provide consumers with products that are reasonably safe when used as intended, a product liability lawsuit may name various entities including designers and engineers, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and retailers. To achieve success with a product liability lawsuit, it must be established that:
- An unreasonably dangerous product defect or hazard caused injury to you or your loved one and it was a result of the product’s design or occurred during its manufacture, or shipping and handling.
- The injury was caused by the defect or product hazard even though you were using the product in the way the manufacturer recommended.
- The product that caused your injuries saw no substantial changes from its original sales condition.
Your Product Liability Questions Answered
If you’ve been injured due to the design, workmanship or other hazards associated with a dangerous product, contact product liability attorney Bogdan Martinovich at 847-996-1350 or online for a FREE consultation. In the meantime, you can find the answers to some of your product liability questions here.
- Who is Liable if I’m Injured at a Friend’s House?
- What Happens if My Injury Was Caused By a Product that Was Recalled?
- What if a Dangerous Medical Device or Medication Caused My Injuries?