When a personal injury case involves a death, it is considered a wrongful death case. In wrongful death claims, the family of the deceased or a personal representative of the estate is the plaintiff in the lawsuit. A wrongful death claim can arise from any fatality including:
- Automobile Accidents
- Premise Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse
- Construction Accidents
A wrongful death claim in Illinois may be filed for both negligent acts and intentional acts. Attorney Bogdan Martinovich is highly experienced working with all types of wrongful death claims. He is committed to not only winning maximum compensation for his clients but also to helping his clients get through a very difficult time in their lives.
Lake County, Illinois Wrongful-Death Damages Attorney
A number of damages may be recovered in wrongful death claims including:
- Medical Bills Bills incurred before the deceased passed away can be exorbitant particularly in cases were significant medical effort was expended while attempting to save the deceaseds life
- Funeral Expenses Funerals are a significant and immediate expense put on the deceased family.
- Pain and Suffering The trauma of losing a loved one cannot be mitigated by a monetary recovery, but these types of damages are meant to address the grief of the surviving family members.
- Loss of Future Wages If the deceased was earning income to support a household, the family members may be able to recover the future income that was lost. This is based on expert calculations of what the deceased would have earned over his or her lifetime.
- Loss of Consortium These damages are meant to address the loss of the familial relationship with the deceased.
- Punitive Damages These damages are meant to punish the defendant for intentional or grossly negligent acts that caused the fatality.
If you have lost a loved one as the result of someones negligent or intentional acts, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case.